The Malta Residence Programme
The Malta Residence Programme was launched to attract EU/EEA/Swiss entrepreneurs, High Net Worth Individuals and investors. The programme grants successful applicants special tax status by setting the personal tax rate to 15% on external sources of income remitted to Malta.
The Malta Residence Programme is one of several Maltese Residency Programmes seeking to attract affluent investors to the Maltese islands. Contact our accredited agent today to arrange a consultation by emailing us on email@example.com or call us directly on +356 2122 7553, and we will respond to you within 24 hours.
What are the benefits of Malta Residency?
- Malta tax structure is designed to appeal to high net worth individuals;
- Malta has a stable political, social and economic environment;
- Malta has double-taxation agreements with 72 countries;
- Malta is located strategically with prime international flight and sea connections;
- English speaking environment;
- Tied for 14th safest banking system in the world (US – 24th, Germany – 53rd, UK – 59th) [World Economic Forum, 2018].
Are You Eligible for Malta Residence Programme?
For a successful application to Malta’s Residence Programme, several conditions must be satisfied. If applying, you must:
- Possess a valid travel document;
- Be able to communicate in either Maltese or English adequately;
- Have a global health insurance policy covering all applicants;
- Be a person of good standing with no criminal record. (The Malta Inland Revenue Department will carry out a due diligence exercise before acceptance);
- Not be a benefiting from other Maltese Residence or Employment Programmes;
- Receive stable and regular resources that they can maintain yourself and any dependents without requiring social assistance.
- Hold a qualified property. You can purchase a property in Malta for at least €275,000 (€220,000 in the South of Malta or Gozo) or rent a property in Malta for at least €9,600 per annum (€8,750 in the South of Malta or Gozo).
Papilio Services are Accredited Agents through Identity Malta
Malta Residency Programme FAQ’s
What are the Tax Benefits for the Malta Residence Programme?
If your application is successful for the Residence Programme, you will be eligible for 15% tax on any income received in Malta. There is also the possibility to claim double taxation relief. The minimum Malta tax payable each year is €15,000.
A person qualifying under the Residence Programme rules must not stay in any other jurisdiction for more than 183 days in any calendar year.
Who can you classify as dependents under the Malta Residency Programme?
The legislation establishes the following rules with regards to who qualifies as dependents moving to Malta:
- The applicant’s spouse or a person whom the applicant is in a stable and durable relationship;
- Any minor children, including adopted minor children;
- Children under the age of 25, including adopted children who are in the care and custody of the applicant;
- Children, including adopted children who are in the care and custody of the applicant but are unable to maintain themselves because of illness or disability;
- Any dependent brothers, sisters and direct relatives.
What is the cost of the Malta Residence Programme?
A non-refundable application fee of €6,000 (€5,500 if the applicant is settling in Gozo or the south of Malta) is payable to the Commissioner of Inland Revenue on applying for the Malta Residency Programme.
How can you apply for the Malta Residence Programme?
You must approve an authorised registered mandatory to act on your behalf in respect to all applications, correspondence, submissions, filings, declarations and notifications contemplated under the Residence Programme rules.
Papilio Services Limited is an Authorised Registered Mandatory and is fully licenced to handle and submit applications for the Residence Programme.
Papilio Services Limited
Are you are considering the Malta Residence Programme? Papilio Services can help as we are accredited agents through Identity Malta.