Malta IIP fees
When considering the merits of applications for the Malta Citizenship by Investment Programme or the Malta IIP scheme as it is also known one should be aware of the relevant application fees. These are made up of official application fees to cover the thorough due diligence process each applicant, a passport fee for each applicant and any relevant bank charges. There will also be a professional fee to pay the authorised agent of the Malta IIP Scheme, whom will handle the whole application process on behalf of the main applicant.
The following official Malta IIP Scheme application fees are payable in respect of each person.
Malta IIP Application fees – Due Diligence
- Main Applicant: €7,500
- Spouse: €5,000
- Children between the age of 13 and 18: €3,000
- Children between the age of 18 and 26: €5,000
- Dependent parent or grand-parent over the age of 55: €5,000
Malta IIP Application Fees – Passport and bank charges
- Passport fee: €500 per person
- Bank charges: €200 per application
Contribution to the National Development and Social Fund
Alongside the Malta IIP Application Fees, the main applicant must make a contribution to the National Development and Social Fund and is calculated as follows:
- The main applicant of the Malta IIP must make a €650,000 contribution, of which a non-refundable €5,000 is payable on filing the application for a residence permit and another non-refundable €5,000 is payable on filing the application for naturalisation as a citizen of Malta
- Should a spouse be included on the application then a further contribution of €25,000 should be made
- Should children under the age of 18 be included on the Malta IIP application then a further contribution of €25,000 per child should be made. This is for all children that are under the age of 18 or dependant children that are unmarried and between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age
- Should a dependent parent of grand parent be included on the Malta IIP application then a further contribution of €50,000 per person should be made. The minimum age of the dependant should be 55 years of age
Further information on the Malta IIP application fees is available in the Legal Notice 47 of 2014 Cap. 188.
Select an area to go back to:
Eligibility for Malta Citizenship by Investment
Malta Citizenship by Investment Process
Malta Citizenship by Investment
Intellectual Property Registration
Contact us for more information on how we can help you with the Malta Individual Investor Programme.