Second Citizenship by Investment Statistics
In a globalised world, and information being more accessible than ever, people are looking at other ways they can improve their way of life for themselves and their families through second citizenship by investment.
Second Citizenship has become a popular option for High Net Worth Individuals and Investors. Second passports open up doors to new business ventures, better travel opportunities, greater tax efficiency, better human rights and freedoms.Here are some real-life examples:
“In May 2017, CS Global Partners asked 500 people in the UK aged between 18 and 50 about second Citizenship. Only 11% of those surveyed owned a second passport, but 89% said they would like to.” – The Independent
The main reasons why the people are interested in second citizenship by investment were:
- 28.57% – Increased freedom and human rights
- 28.57% – Travel opportunities
- 16.48% – Business/career opportunities
- 12.09% Lifestyle benefits
- Over 34% said they had looked into investing in a second citizenship
- 58% citing Brexit as the main reason for doing so.”
“In a Barclays Wealth report, 2,000 individuals were questioned from 17 countries, all of whom had more than US$1.5 million in total net worth, and 200 with more than US$15 million.” South China Morning Post
Reasons to leave their home country included:
- 78% – Educational and employment opportunities for their children overseas
- 73% – Preferable economic climate
- 73% – Greater security
- 18% – Health care and social services
Malta Individual Investor Programme (MIIP)
The Malta Individual Investor Programme is the first EU approved citizenship programme offering second citizenship to families wishing to relocate their personal or business affairs to an EU country. Moreover, this programme is reserved only for individuals who can not only pass the extremely tough due-diligence process but also positively invest in the local economy.
Having a Malta passport offers investors:
- The 7th strongest passport in the world. The Malta passport can provide visa-free travel to 183 countries around the world including Canada, the US and the EU
- Holders of Maltese passports are granted full rights as citizens of all EU Member States.
- The country’s tax structure is designed to appeal to high net worth individuals.
- No inheritance tax
- No wealth tax
- 35% maximum rate of tax on income
- 72 double taxation agreements signed and enforced.
- Malta has a high standard of educational facilities alongside leading healthcare facilities.
Contact Us for Information on Malta Citizenship by Investment
Are you considering Second Citizenship by Investment? Papilio Services can help as we are approved agents through Identity Malta we can assist you and your family with the residence application through to the issuance of the Malta Passports.
Contact us to arrange a no-obligation consultation through email email@example.com or call us directly +356 2122 7553.