Malta Citizenship by Investment (also known as the Malta Individual Investor Program) awards the investor, and any family members on the application, citizenship for life that can be passed onto future generations. With Malta Citizenship, the applicant and family members will receive a Malta passport, and all the benefits it brings, and a certificate of naturalisation.
However, the Malta Individual Investor Program (MIIP) is a very exclusive scheme that only awards citizenship to those who pass not only intense due diligence tests, but also those who can bring a positive investment to Malta.
- Be at least 18 years of age as well as have no criminal record and be a person of good standing
- Make a contribution of €650,000 to the National Development and Social Fund
- Invest €150,000 in local stock or bonds approved by the Government. (must be held for five years)
- Purchase a property for at least €350,000 or rent a property for at least €16,000 per annum. (must be kept for five years)
- Be covered by a global health insurance policy
For a detailed overview of the Malta Citizenship by Investment Program, visit out page here.