Currently, there is thirteen global Citizenship by Investment programs around the world. These programs vary in price, passport ranks, benefits, opportunities and also, disadvantages. Therefore, for you to choose the most suitable citizenship by investment program for you and your family is to create a well thought-out plan and strategy. Moreover, we suggest speaking with a professional approved agent who deals with a specific citizenship by investment program for their advice and suggestions.
Step 1 – Know the Countries that Provide a Citizenship by Investment Program
Firstly, you need to be aware of all the countries that currently provide Citizenship by Investment programs.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
Step 2 – What is your Budget?
Secondly, you need to decide what your budget is. The price of a second passport can vary from US$100,000 to US$2.4 million (€2.15 million).
Step 3 – What is your Objective?
Finally, you need to decide what your objective is. In other words, why are you looking at investing in a second passport? There are many reasons why investors look into buying a second passport. For example:
- Freedom of Movement
- Better Travel Opportunities
- Plan B with Second Citizenship (e.g. Brexit)
- More Economic Stability
- New Business Opportunities
- Physical Safety
- Education Opportunities
- Family Legacy
- Tax Efficiency with Second Citizenship
- Better Healthcare Facilities
- Status Symbol & Lifestyle Change
Therefore, by creating a suitable plan and strategy, a listed above, you can decide what programme is most suited for you.
Secret of Becoming Global
For an excellent overview of all the countries around the world, go to Worldwide Resident. They offer a fantastic overview of all the programs available. On the other hand, you can download their “Secret of Becoming Global” document below that gives you a 7-page summary of all the citizenship programs.
Our Overview of Best Citizenship by Investment Program
As I mentioned above, each investment in a second passport differs based on your circumstance. However, here are some of our top picks:
- Increase your tax-efficiency – St. Kitts and Nevis.
- Better education and travel – Malta.
- Getting back your initial investment – St. Lucia or Bulgaria.
- Better business opportunities – Any EU country.
- You want to pay with Cryptocurrency – Vanuatu accept Bitcoin.
- Economic, social or political stability – any EU country.
- Budget Citizenship by Investment program – Caribbean countries.
However, in our opinion, Malta is the best citizenship by investment program available as it covers all bases. It offers:
- A strong passport (7th strongest in the world)
- Visa-free access to 183 countries
- Malta is a member of the EU
- GDP growth is currently 5%, making it one of the fastest-growing economies in the EU
- Lower passport cost than the other EU states (Cyprus €2.15m & Austria €2m)
- Malta is very pro-business, offering many tax advantages as well as incentives for SME’s.
However, the downside of the program is that the overall contribution to Malta’s economy is €650,000 making it an expensive investment in a passport, therefore we suggest that although it offers fantastic benefits, only consider this program if you have the financial capacity.
Contact an Approved Agent
If you need a consultation on the Malta Citizenship by Investment program (Malta Individual Investor Program), contact us today as we are IIP approved agents capable of processing your application.
On the other hand, if you’re considering other citizenship by investment programs, contact Worldwide Resident for a free consultation.