A new country of citizenship?
Malta is a European Union Member State that is steady, independent and much regarded as a lovely nation. The Maltese passport is generally regarded as one of the most valuable passports in the world. As a first or second passport, the Maltese passport can be beneficial to persons who value stability, security, quality of life and freedom of movement.
The Malta Citizenship by Investment Programme or MIIP, as it is also known allows for the granting of a certificate of naturalization and in turn a European passport. The Maltese passport allows for visa free travel to more than 166 nations, including EU, USA and Canada. Successful applicants have the right to live, work, and study in any of the 28 EU nations including Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
Advantages of the Malta Citizenship by Investment Program
Established in 2014, the Malta Citizenship by Investment Program is the first European Union citizenship programme approved that is exclusive to 1800 applicants. Malta is a politically stable nation with a strong economy and is an attractive option to conduct global business in. Typical Mediterranean lifestyle, security and ongoing international investments are just some of the benefits why you should consider moving to Malta. Here is a summary of the advantages the Malta citizenship program allows for:
• Visa-free travel to more than 160 countries
• Free public healthcare and education
• Constant economic growth alongside Germany
• Situated in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea, just south of Italy, Malta offers an excellent climate and a typical Mediterranean life style all year round
• The Malta Tax System is a beneficial regime to both individuals and businesses
• Highly evolved educational system
• Leading financial services jurisdiction
Malta Citizenship requirements
The Malta Citizenship by Investment costs and requirements are as follows:
• At least 18 years of age
• A contribution to the National Development and Social Fund must be made by the Main Applicant of €650, 000
• The Main Applicant must invest in Maltese government bonds for a minimum of €150,000 and must hold such investment for a minimum period of 5 years
• Investment of €350,000 in immovable property in Malta or rent at a minimum value of €16,000. The Main Applicant must hold such qualifying property for a minimum period of 5 years
The Main Applicant may also add dependants, such as his or her spouse, children, parents and grandparents to the application. For a spouse or minor children, it is €25,000 per person and for dependants between the ages of 18 to 26 and 55 or above it is €50,000 per person.
The process of the Malta Citizenship by Investment Program begins with the Main Applicant acquiring a place to reside in. After the 12 months’ residence period has elapsed and all conditions have been satisfied, the successful applicant will be issued with a certificate of naturalisation which grants the right to apply for a Maltese passport.
Malta citizenship application
As an accredited agent by Identity Malta, we can advise clients and have experience on the Malta Citizenship by Investment Program or Malta Individual Investor Programme and act on behalf of clients to process the application efficiently.
As Trusted Malta Tax Advisors, we build trust with you and our successful applicants are a testimony to our high quality services we offer.
Contact us to learn more and how you can begin your application.