“The global aviation industry in Malta is set to continue to experience rapid growth [in] the near future… This €40 million investment will be instrumental in bolstering Malta’s aviation portfolio,” said Minister for the Economy, Investment and Small Businesses Chris Cardona.”
Malta has seen massive growth in businesses operations within various sectors, such as:
- Maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) for both fixed-wing and rotary aircraft
- Flight training including flight simulation
- Component manufacture
- R&D and innovation on unmanned aerial vehicles
- Back-office support and call centre operations
- ICT & Financial Services for the aviation industry
This investment focuses on the Safi Aviation Park (SAP). Safi Aviation Park is a 240,000 sqm facility designed and dedicated to bringing the aviation cluster closer together, has provided better infrastructure to its tenants, especially within the MRO sector.
Medavia Technic, one of SAP’s occupants, has undergone exponential growth in the last twelve months and plans on investing a further €2 million in its hangars, equipment and tooling. Medavia Technic is one of many companies in Safi Aviation Park, from Lufthansa Technik, SR Technics, Medavia, Aeromaritime, DC Aviation, Air X, Aviation Cosmetics, Comlux, Gulf Helicopters and Simliner Malta Aviation Centre.