It is a legal requirement for every company in Malta to have a company secretary, which must be an individual and not be a corporate entity. The Company Secretary is responsible for the filing of all statutory forms and ensuring specific company resolutions are filed with the Registry of Companies.
In an increasingly complex environment, the Company Secretary is also responsible for providing technical advice on legal, financial and compliance matters. As part of our corporate services, we can offer an experienced and competent Company Secretarial Services in Malta to carry out the company’s official duties and ensure that all compliance is adhered to and done to a high standard.
The responsibilities of a Malta company secretary include the keeping of:
- A minute book of general meetings of the company;
- A minute book of meetings of the board of directors;
- The registrar of members;
- The keeping of other records the board of directors require;
- Ensure proper notices are given for all meetings;
- Ensure that all returns and documents of the company are prepared and delivered following the Companies Act.